Declaration and Consent by the Applicant
Please read this declaration carefully and provide the mandatory consent to enable the processing of your application.
I hereby apply for the social grant in terms of the Social Assistance Regulations made under the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004).
If I apply on behalf of another person (‘Applicant’), I confirm that I have the necessary authority to provide the Personal Information of the Applicant and agree to this declaration and consent, on behalf of the Applicant and that I will inform the Applicant of the outcome of the Application.
1. I declare that:
1.1. I am / the Applicant is:
1.1.1. a South African Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs database;
1.1.2. currently residing within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
1.1.3. of the qualifying age to apply for this social grant as per the Social Assistance Regulations made under the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004) ;
1.1.4. particulars furnished on this application including financial details and annexures are to the best of my knowledge and belief true and correct;
1.1.5. in case of child support grant application, I am the primary care giver of the child concerned;
1.1.6. not a resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
1.2. All information, including Personal Information, supplied to SASSA is valid, accurate, complete and current.
1.3. I undertake to immediately notify SASSA of any change in my / the Applicant’s financial circumstances, contact details or change in circumstances in relation to clause 1.1 which would disqualify me / the Applicant from receiving a social grant.
1.4. I also agree to correct and update my / the Applicant’s Personal Information when necessary.
1.5. I understand and agree that any false and/ or misleading information in the application is punishable by law and / or that such information or any incorrect information or request to delete my / the Applicant’s personal information, will justify a denial of or revocation of my / the Applicant’s, application for a social grant by SASSA.
2. I understand that Personal Information has the meaning ascribed to it in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No. 4 of 2013 (‘POPI Act’) and means information relating to me / the Applicant as an identifiable, living, natural person and includes all information supplied to SASSA in relation to my / the Applicant’s application. I understand that when processing my / the Applicants Personal Information, SASSA will comply with the POPI Act and all other applicable legislation.
3. I acknowledge that any Personal Information supplied to SASSA is provided voluntarily and that SASSA will not be able to comply with its obligations if in correct Personal Information is supplied.
4. I consent to –
4.1. SASSA processing, sharing, transferring and verifying my / the Applicant’s Personal Information as provided in my / the Applicant’s application, including but not limited to, information pertaining to my / the Applicant’s financial status, income, bank account details with banking institutions, all government and other relevant institutions (‘Institutions’), including fraud detection service providers deemed necessary by SASSA, to assess and consider my / the Applicant’s application for a social grant (‘Purpose’) and
4.2. Institutions processing, sharing, transferring and verifying my / the Applicant’s Personal Information, between Institutions and between Institutions and SASSA, only for the Purpose ; and
5. I understand that the period for which my / the Applicant’s Personal Information would be held by SASSA and Institutions, is for as long as is needed to achieve the Purpose or for as long as the law requires, whichever is the longest.
6. I understand that I have a right to request access to, correction and / or deletion of my Personal Information and the Applicant has a right to access, correct and / or delete their personal information and that I and the Applicant may complain to the Information Regulator and withdraw consent. I further understand that withdrawal of this consent in respect of my or the Applicant’s application will result in the cancellation of my / the Applicant’s application for the social grant. Guidelines for these rights are available on the SASSA website, https://www.sassa.gov.za/.
7. I understand that privacy is important to SASSA and Institutions and that it and Institutions will use reasonable efforts in order to ensure that any Personal Information in its possession is kept confidential, stored in a secure manner and processed in terms of the POPI Act.
8. By submitting my / the Applicant’s Personal Information in any form to SASSA, I acknowledge that such conduct constitutes a reasonable unconditional, specific and voluntary written consent to the processing, sharing, transferring and verification of such Personal Information by SASSA and Institutions for the Purposes including but not limited to:
8.1. The South African Revenue Services (SARS) disclosing my taxpayer information in terms of section 69(6)(b) of the Tax Administration Act, 2011 (Act No. 28 of 2011) for the Purpose; and
8.2. Verification of my information against the information held in the various databases such as at the Department of Home Affairs, the Department of Labour in particular with the Unemployed Insurance Fund and the Workman’s Compensation Fund for the Purpose.
8.3. Commercial banks registered in South Africa to confirm my financial status;